Old Tbilisi – is the historical part of Tbilisi, which approximately covers the districts and settlements that were till 1936 called "Tiflis". Old Tbilisi consists of the following districts: Abanotubani-Kharfukhi (ie Tiflis, subsequent Seydabadi), Kala, Isani-Avlabari, Sololaki, Mtatsminda, Vere, Ortachala, Chugureti, Didube and Nadzaladevi. Most of Tbilisi sightseeing are gathered in old Tbilisi, so this place is the main center of tourist attraction
City and municipality in Georgia, administrative center of Mtskheta-Mtianeti region. The historical monuments of Mtskheta are listed in UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Population 7.7 thousand (2002y). Here is the railway station, food and light industry enterprises, hydroelectric station of Zemo Avchala. There are many monuments of culture (higher education institutions, theater, museum) and architecture in the city
Jvari Monastery, chapel of the chain - VI century church and monastery, located in the east of Mtskheta, at the meeting point of the rivers, Mtkvari and Aragvi, on the rocky mountain peak. Is included in the list of World Heritage Monuments. The name of the temple has a historical base. From the early years of Christianity in the 30s of the 4th century, on this place King Mirian III placed the wooden cross, which lately was worshiped not only by the Georgians, also by all Caucasian orthodox.
Kojori Fortress - Fortress in Tbilisi, on the big caravan road crossing Agara. Historical sources often referred it as the "Castle of the Agara". It defended the main road from South to Georgia. In the 60s of the 11th century, Bagrat IV took it away from Emir Fadlan. During the "Great Turk" (1080) enemy captured the castle. In July 1118, David Aghmashenebeli sieged Agara and took it in one day. In 1123, he consigned it to Ivane Orbel. "Agara Fortress" was a summer parking lot for Georgian kings. Here died King Tamar. From XV century, it was named as Kojori Fortress and belonged to Solagashvili.