Old Tbilisi – is the historical part of Tbilisi, which approximately covers the districts and settlements that were till 1936 called "Tiflis". Old Tbilisi consists of the following districts: Abanotubani-Kharfukhi (ie Tiflis, subsequent Seydabadi), Kala, Isani-Avlabari, Sololaki, Mtatsminda, Vere, Ortachala, Chugureti, Didube and Nadzaladevi. Most of Tbilisi sightseeing are gathered in old Tbilisi, so this place is the main center of tourist attraction
City and municipality in Georgia, administrative center of Mtskheta-Mtianeti region. The historical monuments of Mtskheta are listed in UNESCO World Cultural Heritage. Population 7.7 thousand (2002y). Here is the railway station, food and light industry enterprises, hydroelectric station of Zemo Avchala. There are many monuments of culture (higher education institutions, theater, museum) and architecture in the city
Jvari Monastery, chapel of the chain - VI century church and monastery, located in the east of Mtskheta, at the meeting point of the rivers, Mtkvari and Aragvi, on the rocky mountain peak. Is included in the list of World Heritage Monuments. The name of the temple has a historical base. From the early years of Christianity in the 30s of the 4th century, on this place King Mirian III placed the wooden cross, which lately was worshiped not only by the Georgians, also by all Caucasian orthodox.
Kojori Fortress - Fortress in Tbilisi, on the big caravan road crossing Agara. Historical sources often referred it as the "Castle of the Agara". It defended the main road from South to Georgia. In the 60s of the 11th century, Bagrat IV took it away from Emir Fadlan. During the "Great Turk" (1080) enemy captured the castle. In July 1118, David Aghmashenebeli sieged Agara and took it in one day. In 1123, he consigned it to Ivane Orbel. "Agara Fortress" was a summer parking lot for Georgian kings. Here died King Tamar. From XV century, it was named as Kojori Fortress and belonged to Solagashvili.
Uplistsikhe - the rock cliff town, one of the oldest settlements in the Caucasus and the city center. Is located in 10th kilometers to the east from Gori, on the left bank of the river Mtkvari. For the first time it was mentioned in writing sources in the VII century. In Uplistsikhe and its surroundings the archaeological and architectural monuments are protected, from which the oldest is from the age of bronze and belongs to the Mtkvar-Araks culture circle (settlements in Lashkhevi, on Gudabertka, next to Gori). From the end of the middle bronze age is the lower layer of the Kathlanikhevi gorge.
Sighnaghi — city in Georgia, administrative center of Sighnaghi municipality. Located in 13 km from the railway station Tsnoristskali. It declared as city in 1801. There are food and light industry (sewing) small enterprises in the city, also a theater. Sighnaghi is one of the most picturesque towns of Georgia, and its charm is its architectural look established over time, as well as the natural location: the town is located on a high-lying place and overlooks the Alazani Valley and the caucasus mountain range.
Vardzia — rock clad monastery ensemble, XII-XIII century artistic culture monument of Georgia. Located in historical Javakheti, in the region of Aspindza (30 km from Aspindza). On the left bank of the river Mtkvari. On 1300 meters above sea level. According to the orographic scheme, Vardzia is located at the end of eastern part of the Erusheti Range. Vardzia’s extreme upper cave is at 1462 m above sea level.
The Funiculior of Tbilisi - Mountain-rope Railway with Lower and Top Stations, Culture and Resting Complex Mtatsminda Plateau Funicular Top Stationis located on 727 m from the sea level, below station in located on 460 m from the sea level, level difference between the stations - 267 m. There is also a Tbilisi television mast. The first mast was dismantled in 1972 and the modern mast was built in his place, old one was moved near the city of Gori. The TV mast is managed by the Georgian TV Center, which was founded in 1955.